How to Dress Like a NHM Student
With school starting in less than two weeks, it's time to fill your kids' closets with all the back to school clothes you can get your hands on as prices are at an all-time low. But what can your kids wear (and not wear) at North Hi Mount? Let's check out the FWISD guidelines.
PRE-K - 5th GRADE
- Color: Navy or white
- Style: Collared (polo or Oxford) shirts or blouses, mock turtlenecks or turtlenecks; all must have sleeves and should be tucked in. T-shirts shall not be worn as outer clothing.
- Outerwear: Sweatshirts or sweaters in navy or white are acceptable as outerwear if worn over standard dress; coats and jackets of any color shall be worn in accordance with weather conditions and are not to be worn in the classroom.
- Color: Navy, khaki, black or blue denim
- Style: Pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, capris or jumpers are acceptable; all must be hemmed or cuffed and can be no shorter than three inches above the knee. Jeans must be free of embellishments. Sagging pants are not permissible.
- Style: Athletic shoes, loafers, dress shoes or other closed-toe shoes as well as open-toe / open-heel shoes are acceptable. Shoelaces should be white or should match the color of the shoe.
- Clothing shall be the correct size for students, with no sagging pants.
- Tops (shirts or blouses) shall be tucked into clothing.
- T-shirts worn as undergarments must be solid white.
- T-shirts shall not be worn as outer clothing.
- Denim blue jeans must be free of embellishments.
- Bottoms should be hemmed or cuffed.
- Shorts, skirts and skorts shall be no shorter than three inches above the knee.
- Shoelaces must be white or match the color of the shoe.
- Acceptable accessories include belts of a solid color fabric or leather with a buckle no larger than two inches.
- Tights, socks and hosiery should be a solid color.
- Manufacturer logos on apparel must be less than one and one-half inch square with the exception of school logos.
- Sagging pants.
- T-shirts worn as outer clothing or visible undergarments.
- Clothing considered too revealing (bare midriffs, tube tops, tank tops, cut-off shirts, low-cut tops, crop tops, see-through shirts, fishnet clothing).
- Clothing with holes, tears or cuts.
- Clothing with lewd, offensive, vulgar, or obscene pictures, emblems or language.
- Clothing with advertising that depicts tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs or any substance prohibited under FNCF(LEGAL).
- Gang-related clothing, accessories or jewelry bearing signs, insignias, colors or symbols.
- Active-wear such as wind shorts, warm-ups, soccer shorts, boxer shorts, sweat suits or spandex gym wear.
- Sleepwear, visible drawstrings, house shoes.
- Except for verified religious clothing, head gear such as hats, scarves, bandannas, do-rags or shower caps.
- Combs, sunglasses or grillz.
- Accessories or body piercings that could be classified as dangerous or as a potential weapon, i.e., chains, spiked necklaces or bracelets, and the like.