8 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT REPORTING PERIODS AT NHM
We are breaking down the school calendar, 6 reporting periods at a time! Here are 8 things you need to know about grading, reporting periods and Awards Ceremonies at North Hi Mount.
- There are a total of 6 reporting periods in a school year (see below for the 2017-2018 Reporting Period Calendar)
- At the end of each reporting period, your child will receive a report card stating how they did over the past 4-6 weeks (the number of days in a reporting period differ). It's a great chance to see where they improved and if there are any areas where they are still struggling so you can discuss it with your teacher or child and maybe practice at home.
- Awards Ceremonies happen about a week and a half after the end of a reporting period (on a Tuesday morning) and are by invitation only. Invitations for Awards Ceremonies are sent home in your child's folder that week before the Tuesday ceremonies. The times for your child's grade ceremony are listed on the invitation. See below for a schedule of Awards Ceremonies.
- Not every child gets an award, they must be earned. NHM tries to teach all of their students the importance of trying your best each time and the values of integrity, respect, and hard work.
- Awards are given for a variety of things such as perfect attendance (no missed days, no tardies), citizenship award, math award, music award, etc. Children have dozens of opportunities to earn awards. If they don't get an award one of the reporting periods, encourage them to try for one next time as they have 6 chances to be in the ceremony.
- Your child can and may receive multiple awards at any given reporting period. It's a very exciting time for them.
- At the Awards Ceremony, the Student Champion for that reporting period is also crowned. This is given to one student in each classroom who best exemplifies the North Hi Mount way. That child will receive a certificate and a Student Champion t-shirt that can be worn on NHM Spirit Day Fridays. They will have that shirt to keep and wear forever!
- In late May or early June, many grades have graduations to celebrate the end of a super successful and fun year. Expect to attend graduations if you have a kid in Pre-K, Kinder or 5th grade. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade will all have a final Awards Ceremony. The schedule for those ceremonies are listed below.
2017-2018 School Reporting Periods
- August 22 - September 29, 2017
- October 2 - November 3, 2017
- November 6 - December 21, 2017
- January 9 - February 23, 2018
- February 26 - April 13, 2018
- April 16 - June 1, 2018
2017-2018 Awards Ceremonies
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017
- Tuesday, January 16, 2017
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018
- Tuesday, April 24, 2018
- Between May 29th and June 1st depending on grade level
2017-2018 End of Year Awards Ceremonies and Graduations
- Pre-K Graduation - May 29, 2018 @ 8:15am
- Kinder Graduation - May 30, 2018 @ 8:15am
- 1st Grade Promotion - May 31, 2018 @ 8:15am
- 2nd Grade Promotion - May 31, 2018 @ 9:15am
- 3rd Grade Promotion - May 31, 2018 @ 10:15am
- 4th Grade Promotion - May 31, 2018 @ 1pm
- 5th Grade Graduation - June 1, 2018 @ 8:15am